Old Johannesburg Warehouse Auctioneers will be heating up the cold winter air this weekend with one of their biggest auctions to date.
On Saturday 26 May the auction kicks off at 9am.
Over 400 lots of Antique Dutch, English, French and other furniture, a great selection of silver, beautiful ceramics, books (with a good selection of first editions), carpets, antique and vintage toys, a 1960s Morris Minor and more will keep collectors excited before the art session begins at 2pm.
An eclectic selection of traditional and contemporary art by the likes of Adriaan Boshoff, Diane Victor, Gerard Sekoto, Amos Langdown, Marjorie Wallace, Pieter van der Westhuizen, Portchie, Christiaan Nice and Wessel Marais goes under the hammer. A large collection of Russian paintings are also included in this session.
On Sunday May 27 – “Treasure Hunt Sunday” kicks off at 9am with a trove of items that will keep auctiongoers busy for hours with so much to choose from!
Three collections of militaria spanning the Boer and Zulu Wars, World War 1 and World War 2 are included in this section. Edged weapons, firearms, tunics and uniforms, helmets and headgear, insignia, medals ammunition and more will keep collectors enthralled.
The stand-alone jewellery and watch session begins at 2pm with close to 300 glittering lots. A magnificent tennis necklace in 18ct white gold set with 14.6ct diamonds, a pair of brilliant cut 18ct white gold earrings set with two carat diamonds, an 18ct white gold tennis bracelet set with 5.5ct of diamonds are some of the mentionable items on auction.
For the watch collectors: Cartier, Rolex, Jaeger-Lecoultre, Breitling, Omega, Tag Heuer will encourage furious bidding.
When and where
- Viewing for this auction is open to the public on Thursday May 24 and Friday May 25 from 8.30am to 4pm. On auction days it is open from 8am until the auction starts at 9am.
- Safe, guarded parking is available across the road from the warehouse.
- Registration for the auction is free.
- All catalogues can be viewed online on their website www.oldjwauctioneers.com.
- For more information contact them at 011 836 1650 or at email@example.com