The excitement is palpable as to what treasures will be seen on auction this year at Old Johannesburg Warehouse.
Their first auction for the year is tomorrow and Sunday at their warehouse in Selby.
On Saturday, the auction kicks off at 9am sharp with 350 lots of furniture (beautiful Africana included), a great selection of silver, exquisite ceramics (rare Clarice Cliff and Moorcroft pieces), vintage toys (live steam locomotive model are going to be a hoot), carpets, a selection of clocks (Gustav Becker) and collectable books.
The art session starts at 2pm with a mix of traditional and contemporary art by the likes of JH Pierneef, Johan Oldert, Frans Claerhout, Douglas Portway, Johannes Phokela, Judith Mason, Robert Hodgins, Diane Victor, Arend Eloff, Lawrence Chait and Lippy Lipschitz.
“Treasure hunt Sunday” kicks off at 9am with a trove of items that will keep collectors enthralled.
The stand-alone jewellery and watch session begins at 1pm with rings set with diamonds, sapphires, rubies and emeralds, tennis bracelets and necklaces. Of special mention is a 1.59 carat brilliant cut loose diamond, colour D, VS1, with GIA certification.
For the watch collectors, Rolex, Jaeger LeCoultre, Raymond Weill, Longines, Cartier, Tag Heuer, Omega should see furious bidding.
Also in this session are some D&G and Moschino vintage designer pieces.
When and where
- Viewing for this auction is open to the public today from 8.30am to 4pm. On auction days it’s from 8am until the auction starts at 9am.
- Safe, guarded parking is available across the road from the warehouse.
- Registration for the auction is free.
- All catalogues can be viewed online on www.oldjwauctioneers.com. If you cannot make it to the auction, there is a convenient online commission bidding tool on our website.
- For more information contact 011-836-1650 or e-mail email@example.com.