If programmes like Storage Wars, Auction Hunters, Classic Cars & Bikes and Pickers get your heart racing, Old Johannesburg Warehouse Auctioneers’ next auction is not to be missed.
The personal collection of Siggi Duvel of the Sylviavale Heritage Museum in Vanderbijlpark is going under the hammer on Saturday, May 4.
Siggi has been collecting automobilia, vintage signs, petrol pumps, vintage cars, tractors, steam locomotives, ox wagons and horse carts, tools, parts, motor bikes, vintage radios, telephones, bicycles, kitchenalia, toys, etc for a lifetime.
His love of collecting implored him to start the Sylviavale Heritage museum.
He has steadily built it into a fascinating and eclectic small town of treasures that want to be explored. Now, the time has come for him to sell up and close shop and an auction was the answer.
Saturday’s session, starting at 10am, promises to have something for everyone. Automobilia is a very broad term and, boy, does it deliver.
Vintage signs and petrol pumps, oil cans, tools, classic cars, motorcycles, tractors, steam engines, farm and industrial implements, bicycles, parts, train paraphernalia, mining collectables, stationary engines, pumps, BP, Texaco, Shell, Ford, Caltex, Mobil, Michelin, AA, John Deere are only a few of the fantastic brands represented.
- Viewing for the auction takes place on Friday, May 3 from 8am-6pm and 8am-10am on the auction day, Saturday May 4.
- There will be food and drinks available throughout the duration of viewing and the auction.
- The auction takes place on location at the Sylviavale Heritage museum, 14 Vaal Drive, Sylviavale, Vanderbijlpark.
- Collections take place after the auction on the day or on Sunday, May 5 from 8am-1pm and Monday, May 6.
- Catalogue online at www.oldjwauctioneers.com.
- For more information, contact Old Johannesburg Warehouse Auctioneers on 011 836 1650.