Spring is in the air and it can be celebrated at Old Johannesburg Warehouse Auctioneers tomorrow and Sunday with a two-day auction at their warehouse in Selby.
The auction kicks off tomorrow at 9am sharp, with over 400 lots of furniture (Africana, English, Dutch, French, Retro and Industrial), a great selection of silver, ceramics and exquisite glass (a large collection of Venetian glass is of interest here), vintage comics, toys and model cars, carpets and collectable books.
The art auction starts at 2pm.
An eclectic selection of traditional and contemporary art by the likes of Bettie Celliers Barnard, Cecil Skotnes, JH Pierneef, Mel Brigg, George Boys, and Frans Claerhout, goes under the hammer.
A mixed media piece titled Friends, by Karel Appel, is part of this session. Appel was a Dutch painter, sculptor, and poet.
Treasure hunt Sunday kicks off at 9am with a trove of items.
The jewellery and watch session begins at 2pm with 300 glittering lots. Watch collectors can choose between Rolex, Vacheron Constantine, Hublot, Longines, Cartier, Breitling, Tag Heuer, and Omega. Vintage collectors bags from Gucci, Prada, and Louis Vui‑ on will also be sold.
- Viewing for this auction is open to the public today from 8:30am to 4pm.
- On auction days it is open from 8am until the auction starts at 9am.
- Safe, guarded parking is available across the road from the warehouse.
- Registration for the auction is free.
- All catalogues can be viewed online on their website oldjwauctioneers.com.
- If you cannot make it to the auction, there is a convenient online commission bidding tool on their website.