The end of 2018 is drawing nearer and at Old Johannesburg Warehouse Auctioneers, they are getting ready to host their penultimate auction for the year on Saturday and Sunday at their Selby warehouse.
On Saturday, the auction kicks off at 9am sharp. More than 400 lots of furniture (Africana, English, Dutch, French, Retro and Industrial), a great selection of silver, beautiful ceramics, vintage comics, toys and model cars, carpets and collectable books will go under the hammer.
At 2pm, the art session starts. An eclectic selection of traditional and contemporary art by the likes of JH Pierneef, Adriaan Boshoff, Gerard Sekoto, Johan Oldert, Frans Claerhout, Deborah Bell, Diane Victor will be sold to the highet bidder.
On Sunday – “Treasure hunt Sunday” – at 9am, a trove of items will keep auctiongoers busy for hours with so much to choose from.
The standalone jewellery and watch session starts at 2pm with close to 300 glittering lots – beautiful rings set with diamonds, sapphires, rubies and emeralds, tennis bracelets, necklaces and more.
For the watch collectors: Tag Heuer, Rolex, Patek Phillipe, Raymond Weill, Longines, Cartier, Baum and Mercier, Omega and an unusual Breitling Bentley will encourage furious bidding. Also in this session are fine vintage collectors bags Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton and mens sunglasses Cartier, Prada and Ray Ban.
When and where
- Today and tomorrow from 8.30am to 4pm. On auction days, it is open from 8am until the auction starts at 9am;
- Safe, guarded parking is available across the road from the warehouse;
- Registration for the auction is free;
- All catalogues can be viewed online on the website www.oldjwauctioneers.com; and
- If you cannot make it to the auction, there is a convenient online commission bidding tool on the website.